- Manage the day to day operations of the host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that records of downtime and equipment are properly maintained.
- Applies revisions to host systems firmware & software.
- Work with various vendors to assist support activities.
- Develop new systems and implementation plans, custom scripts & testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Training of technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and acquired.
- Supervises Operational staff including hiring, training & disciplining. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff, contract staff.
- Determines appropriate coverage for all hours of operations.
- Perform complex analysis and technical tasks involving event detection and rapid response across various environments of the enterprise.
- Establishes, maintains and manages users Unix accounts. Install, modify and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
- Provides server support related to other software.
- Provide guidelines and methods for installation and management of host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
- Ensuring high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develop and promote technical standards and support migration efforts to the future technology infrastructure.
- Develops/defines the security standards for new/existing security control.
- Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for operations, client support and systems development staff to assist with work.
- Manage the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and other data center equipment.
- Staying current with Technological developments in Systems administration technology and recommend enhancement and changes to the management.
Minimum Educ/Exp: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Eng/ EE/ CS/ Eng/ SCI/ CIS/ related 5 years progressive post baccalaureate with related work experience.
Hours: Full-time: Forty hours per week
Work site: 39159 Paseo Padre Parkway Suite 303 Fremont, CA 94538. May work at various unanticipated locations throughout the US, relocation may be required.