We’re creating platform-grade software that is leveraged by our other offers/solutions. Candidates here will be creating infrastructure-types of software within that overall framework.
· Python (server side) - specifically people with demonstrated experience in creating python packages (e.g. pip installable) for servers (e.g. REST servers)
· Test Driven Development (e.g. unittest, nose)
We’re creating 3d-rendered visualization software to help our customers see very quickly what is happening within their environments. These environments are using OpenGL and are rendered within a standard web browser.
· HTML5, CSS
· UI design skills (e.g. ability to work with a UI designer and turn that into a practical implementation
· Virtualization in OpenStack
· Agile methods using SCRUM
· Git (ideally gitlab but again we can train that - git itself is what’s important)
· Linux (from a user and basic admin - knowing how to install stuff, configure basic networking, etc)
· REST interface usage
· Solid understanding of the implications of using various Open Source software packages (e.g. which are infectious, which are not)
Other helpful things
· Good understanding of NFV from an ETSI and TM Forum perspective (what they have defined, the terms, etc)
Basic networking (layer 2, layer 3, routing, switching - that level of knowledge) - don’t need to be able to do large scale network design but should understand it